Hi

I use LyX 2.2 on Windows 10 (64 bit). I need to write some papers for a
conference, and the conference has a specific template - originally defined for
Word. I *suspect* the style is quite simple... the main requirements are:

*         Paper format = A4. Comment: easy to set up.

*         Specific margins... = 17 mm left and right, 25 mm top and bottom.
Comment: easy to achieve in LyX

*         Two columns. Comment: easy to achieve in LyX (column separation
appears to be ca. 5mm - don't know how to set up that, though).

*         No headers/footers (i.e., now page numbers, etc.). But footnotes.
Comment: don't know to set up this.

*         Specified font: New Times Roman. Comment: easy to achieve in LyX, I
think.

*         Font sizes: title should be 17 pt, body font should be 10.5 pt. I'm
not sure whether there are specific requirements for the headings.
Verbatim-inline/code inline should be 9.5 pt. Displayed code should be 9pt.
Comment: don't know how to set up this - standard is body size 10, 11 or 12 pt.
Code font size is specified as "normal", "small", "large", etc...

*         References should have heading "References", un-numbered, same size
as Section. References themselves should be typeset in 9.5 pt font size. Should
be ordered alphabetically according to the surname of the furst author. Author
name should be listed as first name last name. Example...

o   Iain S. Duff and John K. Reid. An Implementation of Tarjan's Algorithm for
the Block Triangularization of a Matrix. ACM Transactions on Mathematical
Software, 4(2):137-147, 1978.

Comment: how do I set up BibTeX style for this?

Not directly related to style... where in the LyX documentation does it state
how to specify that certain figures/tables/equations should go across both
columns? How should column flow be relative to these "straddling" items? (e.g.,
should the text above such items be balanced so that I read both columns above
the item before coming to the item in the flow, or should I still read each
column in turn, and just consider these straddling items as breaks in the flow?

In other words...
--
Text continues in             up here, continuing
the first column and       here, with text flowing

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

with text following          and still continuing after
here... and a new             the wide, nuisance item?
column starting
--
Or should the layout be...
--

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

with text following          wide item, like here,
here... and a new             i.e., the straddling item
column starting                works more or less
below the straddling,     like a page break?

--
Bernt Lie