Hi,

I am working on a LyX document with RCS version control enabled.

I am working on the file during the day in my office on my office PC and in the
evening on my home PC. I am using cloud to keep files.

I sometimes encounter that RCS gives an error. (I guess it is related with
check-in check-out status, ready-only status and maybe other settings.)

[cid:image001.png@01D3C0F4.90C529F0]

What should I do to make RCS work on two PCs?

BTW, any future plans for incorporating Git commands into LyX? I can do it
externally, but would be great if it was placed in LyX.

Thanks in advance,

Baris

Note: This is the fixed I found by myself:

When I check the “.lyx,v” file, I observe that the following header creates a
problem. (I guess this header corresponds to checked-in status.)

head      1.8;
access;
symbols;
locks; strict;
comment            @# @;

I check the header of fine-working RCS file and found that it is in the
following format. (I guess this header corresponds to checked-out status.)

head      1.8;
access;
symbols;
locks
                bariserkus:1.8; strict;
comment            @# @;

If I replace the “locks; strict;”  portion with “locks    bariserkus:1.8;
strict;”, it works just fine.

Note that “1.8” is the version number and “bariserkus” is the author name.