On Wed, Jun 13, 2018 at 06:30:14PM +0000, Joel Kulesza wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 13, 2018 at 11:56 AM, Scott Kostyshak <skost...@lyx.org> wrote:
> >
> > > I see in my preferences the attached; however, this doesn't appear to do
> > > anything (with or without the "LyX: Find and Replace" dialog showing).
> >
> > I did not read the conversation in this ticket, but is the following
> > related?
> >
> > https://www.lyx.org/trac/ticket/8055
>

> Definitely related, though more specific about cross-platform behaviors.
>
> My concern is mainly what is reflected in the LyX interface for Cmd-G does
> not seem to work.  On Linux / Windows, does Ctrl-G perform a forward find
> (i.e., find next occurrence)?

No, they do not work on Linux or Windows, because the bindings are only
the default on Mac. See the following file:

  lib/bind/mac.bind

In any case, if they don't do what you expect, and it's not a duplicate
of #8055, perhaps open a trac ticket. I don't have time to look into
this more at the moment.

Scott