On Sat, 23 Jun 2018 14:34:50 -0400
"Paul A. Rubin" <parubi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 06/21/2018 02:05 PM, John White wrote:
> > When inserting a pdf graphic into a template, and saving the file,
> > the next time I open the template, I have to re-insert the graphic,
> > even though the graphic is in the same template folder.
> >
> > However, if I open the same lyx template in dolphin, it opens with
> > the graphic shown.
> >
> > Anyone know how I can save the template in such a manner as will
> > show when opened from lyx' with  "new from template"?
> >
> > John
> Are you using absolute (not relative) paths to the graphics? Relative
> paths will not work, because the new document you are creating will
> live in the LyX temp directory, not in the templates directory. I
> don't seem to have a problem as long as I use absolute paths.
>
> Paul

IMHO using absolute paths is a bad solution. Some of my books are in
git now, and sometimes I clone them into laptop directories with paths
different from the one on my desktop. I'd greatly prefer that a
document's dependencies travel with it.

SteveT

Steve Litt
June 2018 featured book: Twenty Eight Tales of Troubleshooting
http://www.troubleshooters.com/28