I reinstalled LyX under Linux and want to get its spellchecking capability.

Where do I keep the hunspell files (English, German) under linux? in .lyx?  It wasn't clear to me from the User guide >

All spell-checker dictionaries supported by LyX can be downloaded from here:https://sourceforge.net/projects/lyxwininstaller/files/hunspell/

There are 2 files for each language.

((To install a dictionary on Windows, copy the 2 files into LyX's installation subfolder ~\Resources\dicts and restart LyX.))

>>With Linux one needs to install the packages for the desired language. The number of these packages vary depending on the Linux distribution, but in most cases these are aspell-xx, hunspell-xx, myspell-xx, etc., where xx is the language code

Wolfgang