On Thu, 30 Aug 2018 19:05:00 +0200
Ricardo Berlasso <rgb.m...@gmail.com> wrote:

> After setting your document to use XeTeX and choosing an appropriate
> font, in the Preamble write something like this
>
> \newcommand{\Name}{\symbol{"XXXX}}
>

> where XXXX is the corresponding Unicode hex code. Now, on your
> document open a TeX box (Ctrl-L) and type \Name in it. That's all.

Perfect!! It works nicely with \input{symbols}, so I can define all the
required commands in a single file for re-use...and I use it with LuaTeX
engine. For quite some time I was considering to learn/use ConTeXt, but the
fact is that LyX/LaTeX are simply enjoying more (community) support.

Sincerely,
Gour

--
The spirit soul bewildered by the influence of false ego thinks
himself the doer of activities that are in actuality carried out