On 10/11/2018 10:32 PM, Steve Litt wrote:

On Thu, 11 Oct 2018 13:22:19 +0200 Daniel <xraco...@gmx.de> wrote:

Hi,

Is there a way to replace let's say all enumerate lists by itemize
lists?

Why in the WORLD would you want to do that? Were you mistaken that some
lists needed numbers? Or do you just like the look of itemize better?

There are various possible reasons, including having a editor insist on the change. Different academic journals and even different reviewers working for the same journal may make different demands, some of them rather petty. (I've been told to number previous unnumbered sections, subsections, &c; to replace an expression containing “⇐” with an equivalent expression containing “⇒”; and that I were a big baby if I used the plural form “axiomata” rather than “axioms”.) And an academic writer generally does not know at the outset which journal (if any) is going to accept his or her work.

If the latter, tweak the appearance of the of enumerate to look how you
want.

That may not work if the publisher is going to process a .tex file according to the publisher's own practices.

Jürgen Spitzmüller offered a good answer:

* Make a copy of your LyX file
* Open it in a text editor
* Find/replace

 \begin_layout Enumerate

\begin_layout Itemize

but it would be nice if the LyX editor itself had some way of effecting such changes.