For automation, I include a tex file within Lyx. I then create all of my
latex tables using python or whatever. It produces valid latex. This is
very hard to do without a heavy level of conformity. For example, I can
write a quick script that will take 95 rows of 4 column data quite quickly.
I have a very hard time figuring out how to make a latex table with 95 rows
of a variable number of columns. Even better, multiple tables with multiple
numbers of columns. Eventually, you would have to give it the number of
columns to produce.

Once you have python producing your latex table, you can simply rerun your
Lyx and it will include the documents. If you have multiple tables, include
a master tex table file in Lyx and update it with the python generated
tables. BTW, I did this for my dissertation with remarkable success. This
is a very difficult task. I would just import into Excel, break into
columns on "|" and copy it into Lyx.

Thanks,
~Ben