On 11/2/2018 1:33 PM, Baris Erkus wrote:

Hello,

I am trying to import the a .tex  file into LyX (using file->import).
The file has Turkish characters and I believe it is using UTF8 encoding.
When I import it, it does not show Turkish characters properly. I
attached the file for your play-around.

When I import the file on the command line with the UTF8 option tex2lyx
-e UTF8 ch1.tex, the LyX file looks just fine except one or two characters.

So is there a way to tell to tex2lyx to use UTF8 encoding from within
LyX? This issue is occured when I import a tex file that has
\input{ch1.tex} in it. So, maybe LyX has and option to force tex2lyx to
read in UTF8 for all imports?

I found exactly same question on this post, but the answers seem to be
unrelated:

https://lyx-users.lyx.narkive.com/Rg1StNIT/how-to-force-tex2lyx-to-read-unicode-from-within-lyx

Thanks

Baris