On 11/3/18 4:16 PM, Steve Litt wrote:

Daniel Kian Mc Kiernan (the best Daniel of the bunch) wrote:

On 11/2/18 9:57 AM, Steve Litt wrote:
> > Perhaps this is why LyX becomes less relevant every year. I don't think that peer-reviewed academic publication is going to vanish anytime soon; and, over about the last decade,

Exactly! A decade ago LyX was about a lot more than peer-reviewed
academic publications, and 15 years ago it was safe to assume that
paper and PDF were enough output formats. More and more, LyX is
relegated to peer-reviewed academic publication.

There's no “Exactly!” here. LyX becomes increasingly useful in its intended application. The fact that it doesn't become some other application as applications of that other class become more popular doesn't change that.

You might as well demand that LyX evolve into a first-person shooter game. Those are really popular, y'know.