On 11/4/18 3:57 PM, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:

Le 04/11/2018 à 13:52, Daniel Kian Mc Kiernan (the best Daniel of the
bunch) a écrit :

Not necessarily. There are several forms of mild dyslexia in which the person swaps letters or even "fingers" (typing an "o" instead of an "a," for example).

Dyslexia is a _learning_ disability.  Further, there is a body of
research about how to _learn_ to overcome it.  Please have coherent foundation before proceeding in the discussion.

I think we have to calm down here.

I doubt that you should inject your guesses about the moods of others.

The discussion is not about how people should live there life.

No one proposed that it were. Rather, from the outset, it has been about whether users of LyX should all have a word-processor that will relieve some of its users of the costs of learning not to misspell some words _consistently_. (The development of such a facility would entail costs, and every user would subsequently have that much more code stored on his or her device.)

The person who proposed the feature did not properly recognize the nature of the need that he were seeking to have met, and so a debate has ensued over whether some skills were learned.

It is about a proposed feature. FWIW, I
do some of these typos, but I am not sure that I'd like a program to
second guess me.

The feature as proposed would not second-guess anyone, as the idea was for the user to assemble a list of substitutions. And one of my points is that the typical user, in the act of assembling such a list, would by learning render it redundant.

A feature that actually second-guessed users would be intolerable for most or all of the Linux/BSD group, though it might be embraced by a share of Windows and Mac folk.
        • Re: aut... paolo m.
          • Re:... Daniel Kian Mc Kiernan (the best Daniel of the bunch)
            • ... Pol
              • ... Michael Berger
              • ... Daniel Kian Mc Kiernan (the best Daniel of the bunch)
              • ... Daniel Kian Mc Kiernan (the best Daniel of the bunch)
              • ... Ricardo Berlasso
              • ... Bernt Lie
              • ... Daniel Kian Mc Kiernan (the best Daniel of the bunch)
              • ... Jean-Marc Lasgouttes
              • ... Daniel Kian Mc Kiernan (the best Daniel of the bunch)
              • ... Jean-Marc Lasgouttes
              • ... Daniel Kian Mc Kiernan (the best Daniel of the bunch)
              • ... Ricardo Berlasso
              • ... Daniel Kian Mc Kiernan (the best Daniel of the bunch)
  • Re: auto fixing misp... Paul A. Rubin