Thanks for tip.

-B

-----Original Message-----
From: lyx-users@lists.lyx.org <lyx-users@lists.lyx.org> On Behalf Of Steve Litt
Sent: tirsdag 27. november 2018 02.00
To: lyx-users@lists.lyx.org
Subject: Re: LyX & svg files

On Mon, 26 Nov 2018 14:07:54 +0000
Bernt Lie <bernt....@usn.no> wrote:

> I'm a little confused. I have LyX 2.3.1 installed on two computers,
> both running 64bit Windows 10, latest update, and the samve version of
> Inkscape. Some arrows show up with "broken neck" on one computer, but
> not on the other. I sync the LyX documents and the figures among my
> computers using OneDrive.
>
> On the computer where the "broken neck" persists, if I open the
> drawing in Inkscape, ungroup elements, and group them again before
> saving the drawing, then the drawing becomes ok. Puzzling. --
> Occationally, the arrows are "broken" also in Inkscape. This typically
> happens if I have slanted lines, typically different from a multiple
> of 45 degrees, and sometimes if I select several lines and chose arrow
> on all lines simultaneously. So probably there is something flaky in
> Inkscape, too.

Something I always do, and it might help you too. Before including any
Inkscape-constructed image in LyX or HTML, I always
File->Clean_up_document and File->Save_as->Plain_SVG. This tends to get
all the "inkscapisms" out of the image. Whenever I have problems with text not
fitting in boxes in the ultimate viewer (a web page or PDF), I always convert
text to curves and then once again clean up and save as plain.

SteveT

Steve Litt
November 2018 featured book: Manager's Guide to Technical Troubleshooting Brand
new, second edition http://www.troubleshooters.com/mgr