On Mon, 10 Dec 2018 11:14:04 -0800 (PST)
Rich Shepard <rshep...@appl-ecosys.com> wrote:

>    I tried placing ERT boxes with \LARGE{ at the beginning of the
> document and } at the end of the document but it doesn't seem to
> affect the compiled font size. What is the recommended way to have a
> document with body text larger than 12 point?
>
> Rich

Standard document classes Book, Report, Article and Letter all have
versions that are "with extra font sizes". Choose one of those extra
font size document classes and you have what you need.

SteveT

Steve Litt
December 2018 featured book: Rapid Learning for the 21st Century
http://www.troubleshooters.com/rl21