On 26-Dec-18 3:33 PM, Daniel CLEMENT wrote:

Le mercredi 26 décembre 2018 à 13:21 +0200, Dr Eberhard Lisse a écrit :

Would you perhaps have a Minimal Working Example so others can test
this?

Ie remove EVERYTHING not related/producing the error and post the
resulting files.

el

On 2018-12-24 12:42 , Daniel CLEMENT wrote:

Dear list members,

While updating a PC under Debian, Lyx went from version 2.1.2 to 2.2.2
(and even 2.3.1 from Backports).

I'm having an issue with some documents which need to be compiled
under Luatex.

They use landscape, A4, 2-column page setup and the issue is: whenever
I try to specify custom margins, my preview reverts to portrait, US
letter format.  I checked that in the previewer, under document
properties.  This happens regardless of the document contents.

TIA for any insight about that - best regards,

I'd rather not clutter the list with unnecessary files: my "minimal
example" would be an empty file!

Here are the steps to reproduce:
[LyX 2.2.2 or 2.3.1 - TeXlive 2016]
- (new) empty document
- document > parameters: A4 - landscape
- margins: just uncheck "implicit margin" (no need to fill the rest)
- preview other formats - LuaTeX

The PDF output comes out with US letter - portrait format.

BR - Daniel

Did it for LyX 2.3.2 + MikTeX + Win10.

Attached are

  *   a MWE
  *   PDF generated by LuaTeX with A4 setting
  *   PDF generated by LuaTeX with Letter setting

Seems like it LyX 2.3.2 setting is working fine in Windows and MikTeX for both
A4 and letter.

p.s. I used "showframe" package to show the boundaries.

--
Please bottom-post. Start your reply here: