Am 04.01.2019 um 17:20 schrieb Jacques Le Bourlot <jacques.lebour...@obspm.fr>:

>> Le 4 janv. 2019 à 16:08, Stephan Witt <st.w...@gmx.net> a écrit :
>>
>>> Am 03.01.2019 um 17:01 schrieb Jacques Le Bourlot
>>> <jacques.lebour...@obspm.fr>:
>>>

>>> Bonjour,
>>>
>>> I’ve been using the powerdot class in LyX for years without a glitch,
>>> including in my presentations pictures with a large diversity of format
>>> (including jpg, png, pdf, …). Please note that powerdot can NOT be used
>>> with pdflatex, and MUST go through ps2pdf (i.e., with a dvi step somewhere).
>>>
>>> I’m running into difficulties after a recent update:
>>>
>>> * Mac OSX 10.14.2 (Mojave)
>>> * LyX 2.3.2
>>> * TeXLive-2018
>>> * ImageMagick and many tools installed with MacPort.
>>>
>>> I include some jpeg images into my presentation, and now get the message
>>> (note: translated from French by myself): « no information to convert jpg
>>> files to eps - define a converter in preferences » . After a second try, I
>>> sometime do not get this message, but a LaTeX error: « LaTeX Error: Cannot
>>> determine size of graphic in ... »
>>>
>>> I did add a converter in preferences: « convert $$o $$i », without success.
>>>
>>> If I convert « by hand » in a shell (convert toto.jpg toto.eps), then use
>>> the eps file in LyX everything is fine.
>>>
>>> What am I missing? Thank you.
>>>
>>> Jacques
>>>

>> Bonjour Jaques,
>>
>> there is a problem with converters (inkscape) on Mac OSX, ATM. To be sure
>> you’re affected by the known problem it would be good to have an example
>> document. See "How to create a minimal example" section in the following:
>>
>>  https://wiki.lyx.org/FAQ/MinimalExample
>>
>> Stephan
>

> Dear Stephan,
>
> Here is a (probably) minimal example.
>
> * As is, I get an error about either conversion not found or size not found.
> « convert »), then everything is fine.
>
> Thank you for your help.
>
> Jacques
>
> PS: I selected the smallest file I could find, but most of the other eps
> files are huge! Which is a reason why I do not want to do it « by hand »,
> …besides the inconvenience to lose a nicely working tool.
>
> PPS: Sorry for the double post: I did not realise first that the mailing list
> was not included.
>

> <Coll_Mol.eps>
>
> <Coll_Mol.jpg>
>
> <Minimal_JLB.lyx>

The good thing is - it works for me. I didn’t had to add the converter. The
built-in converter script succeeds. Then I tried it with your converter
definition and failed. Finally I noticed it would be good to call the convert
utility with « convert $$i $$o » - i.e. in => out. Now I can preview it with
ps2pdf and export a pdf of it.

Does this work for you?

Best regards,
Stephan