On Thu, 10 Jan 2019 16:50:13 -0500
Amir Michail <a.mich...@me.com> wrote:

> I find it really nice to use for that purpose. And there’s no need to
> install TeX and/or export to LaTeX if all you are using it for is to
> take notes.
>
> Anyone else think LyX is great for taking notes and should be
> marketed as such?

No. VimOutliner (VO) is a much faster and handier note taking device,
and it's easy to write a VO to LyX converter so you can turn your VO
outline into the structure of an article or a book.

For those wanting the ultimate in outlining, there's Leo, which has
gone where no other outliner has gone before. Not as fast in authoring
as VO, but very complete, and probably as fast for notetaking as LyX.

SteveT

Steve Litt
January 2019 featured book: Troubleshooting: Just the Facts
http://www.troubleshooters.com/tjust