Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:

> Le 19/01/2019 à 10:34, paolo m.  a écrit :
>> Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:
>>

>>> This is a feature (good or bad) : previews that are too small, where
>>> "small" is defined as 0.1in (used to be hardcoded to 10 pixels) are
>>> marked in red.
>>>
>>> This is probably what you see here.
>>>

>> That happens on Lenovo B590 /ubuntu , not on hp elitebook / opensuse .
>> same lyx 2.3.2
>
> What other differences in terms of screen resolution and zoom level? We
> may have a bug in this respect.
>
>> How to change preview?
>
> Well, you can disable previews for math in the preferences, but it is
> probably too much.
>
> JMarc

While my test file is open, as I change the instant preview size from 1.0  to
1.2 i get :

 Assertion false violated in
file: ../../src/CoordCache.cpp, line: 31
There has been an error with this document.
LyX will attempt to close it safely.
The current document was closed.

Followed by :

SIGSEGV signal caught!
Sorry, you have found a bug in LyX, hope you have not lost any data.
Please read the bug-reporting instructions in 'Help->Introduction' and send
us a bug report, if necessary. Thanks!
Bye.

Then I open another file and perform the above change in preview size,
eveything is ok.
Reopening my test file afterwards,  red marks are not shown any more

paolo m.