On 07.03.19 16:52, Guenter Milde wrote:
On 2019-03-07, Wolfgang Engelmann wrote:

I use under tools>preferences>output>latex>font coding UTF8
The *font* must not be confused with the LaTeX *input*
encoding (encoding of the *.tex source file).

The font encoding uses special names, valid values are "T1", "OT1", ...
(see `texdoc fontenc`).

The encoding for Unicode-fonts (with Xe/LuaTeX and the "fontspec" package is
"TU" (earlier versions used "EU1" and "EU2"). But this is not used by LyX.

However, this setting is a legacy from the LyX change of the legacy OT1
encoding to the still old T1 and should be best left unchanged.

You may set the font encoding in special cases per document with
Document>Settings>Font.

and this works with the current document.
Does this document use "non-TeX fonts"? Then the "default_fontenc" setting
is ignored.
no, it does not. I have therefore marked this now.
With an old document from 2009
i get with the same setting this error:! Package fontenc Error: Encoding
file `utf8enc.def'
not found.
(fontenc) You might have misspelt the name of the encoding.
You did.

See the fontenc package documentation for explanation.
Günter

Thanks, Günter for clarifying this. With the change (see above) and T1 it works now.

Good! Wolfgang