On 04.04.19 12:44, Jürgen Spitzmüller wrote:
Am Do., 4. Apr. 2019 um 10:27 Uhr schrieb Wolfgang Engelmann <engelm...@uni-tuebingen.de <mailto:engelm...@uni-tuebingen.de>>:

    On 03.04.19 16:30, Jürgen Spitzmüller wrote:
    > As with BibTeX, the encoding should ideally match the encoding
    of he
    > document. If it differs, you can add bibencoding=utf8 to Document >
    > Settings > Bibliography > Citation Style > Options

    Thanks, Jürgen. Could you or somebody else kindly try this one, to
    see
    whether the Umlaute are ok?

    @Article{Buenning1935,
       author  = {Bünning, E.},
       title   = {Zur {K}enntnis der erblichen {T}agesperiodizität bei
    den
    {P}rimärblättern von \emph{{P}haseolus multiflorus}},
       journal = {Jb. wiss. Bot.},
       year    = {1935},
       volume  = {81},
       pages   = {411--418},
    }

We need a real minimal example file (lyx file and bib) in order to help you.

Jürgen

In preparing a minimal example I created a new minimal lyx file and a new bib file with just one entrance (the one above) and, voila, the problem with the Umlaute was gone. If I use the old bib file (with many literature references) this one item does not show the Umlaute, although only this item is required.

Conclusion: The problem is with the (jabref) bib file and is not a lyx question.

But I am not sure how to proceed. If I copy my references from the old bib file in the new one, the umlaute problem comes back, even with the one which were correct before (I had copy/pasted them separately in the new bib file). Perhaps someone of the Jabref users might have an idea?

Thanks for all the help

Wolfgang