On Tue, 23 Apr 2019, Bernt Lie wrote:

The free drawing program Inkscape is available for Windows, Mac, and
Linux. There are extensions (plug-ins) for Inkscape that allows you to
write LaTeX math in Insckape and have it generate math expressions as
drawing objects – I use WriteTeX.

I read Gour's message as needing to produce places for students to draw
images as answers to exam questions rather than asking for vector graphic
drawing programs. Did I mis-read the need?

If creation of vector graphics is needed I'll offer PSTricks. PSTricks is to
xfig/Inkscape as LaTeX is to a word processor.

Rich