On Wed, May 08, 2019 at 02:04:22PM -0400, Paul A. Rubin wrote:
> On 5/8/19 4:37 AM, Horsfield, Andrew P wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am using LyX Version 2.3.2 on a desktop machine running Kubuntu 19.04
> > (Qt 5.12.2). I find that the outline pane refreshes itself every time I
> > type a character, which is rather distracting.

That would be very distracting to me as well.

> > The work-around is to
> > close the pane when typing. I do not have this problem on my Mac
> > laptop.
> >
> > Andrew
> I don't see that (LyX 2.3.2, Mint 18.3, Qt 4.8.7), which suggests that it
> might be related either to the operating system (or window manager?) or to
> the Qt version.

I also can't reproduce. I'm on Ubuntu (default GNOME) 19.04 with system
Qt 5.12.2. I self-compiled LyX though. I can test tomorrow on the Ubuntu
version from the repository, if that would help.

How did you get LyX? From the Ubuntu repository or self-compiled or PPA?

Scott