It looks like this did not get on the mailing list so I am re-sending

________________________________
>Unless you will go through a publisher that will prevent it, I would still
>encourage you to look at the approach I suggested. It is demonstrated here:
>https://laws.lanl.gov/vhosts/mcnp.lanl.gov/pdf_files/la-ur-19-20291.pdf

Thanks for the example. I used it to test the readers on my Win7 desktop
computer and was able to extract the downloads with: Adobe Acrobat Reader DC,
Pdf-Xchange Viewer (free v2.5 2012), and Sumatra 2.3.2.

I like this approach. I doubt that I could use this for a paper with a
traditional journal but who knows?? I also post papers to ResearchGate etc and
there it would work since you just have to post a pdf. I don't know whether it
would work on arXiv where they want tex files but it is also worth a shot.

So how do I implement this with Lyx? You mentioned to use the "Navigator'
package. I looked at the documentation and AFAIK it allows including links to
stuff but it is not clear how to add an attachment.

I would appreciate help in getting attachments working from a plain-vanilla
install of Lyx.

Bob