On 5/14/19 1:13 PM, Baris Erkus wrote:

On 14-May-19 7:46 PM, Andrey wrote:

Hi!

When I insert any graphical PDF files in the document, LyX preview (the program's editing window) shows them rasterized and in an extremely bad resolution. In the 'pdflatex' PDF output everything is ok, the quality is as in the original images.

I discovered that when I insert PDFs LyX converts them to .eps with 'pdftops'. I checked outside LyX and it works without any problems or decrease in quality. When I insert those independently converted .eps files (good-quality ones) into a LyX document I get the same results as with original PDFs - rasterized and bad resolution.

I found some advice to set up EPS->PNG conversion with 'convert' utility from ImageMagick because presumably LyX uses it to preview EPS images. After I solved 'convert-im6.q16: not authorized' problem (which somehow didn't affect LyX, only the command line) I indeed found out that the default conversion line convert in.pdf out.png gives a very low resolution PNG file. So I tried convert -density 300 in.pdf out.png fron the command line and it produces good quality images. Then I inserted convert -density 300 $$i $$o into the LyX EPS->PNG conversion line. And that changed absolutely nothing in the LyX preview output, same low quality. Now I don't know what to do. It seems this converter doesn't actually work in the program's window.

Could somebody help?

LyX 2.3.2, Ubuntu 18.04.2, XFCE 4.12

Try:

convert -density 200 -trim -quality 100 -sharpen 0x1.0 $$i $$o

you can try different numbers for 200

--
Please bottom-post. Start your reply here:

Paul