Thanks

On 17.07.19 14:51, Steve Litt wrote:
On Wed, 17 Jul 2019 09:59:30 +0200
Jürgen Spitzmüller <sp...@lyx.org> wrote:

! LaTeX Error: File `footnotehyper.sty' not found.
Install the LaTeX package footnotehyper. It's part both of MikTeX and
TeXLive.
This stuff happens all the time. Like most other Linux people, I use
TeXLive, which has a program called tlmgr. So when I see something that
says:

! LaTeX Error: File `footnotehyper.sty' not found.

I right away, logged in as root, perform the following two commands:

tlmgr install footnotehyper
texhash

I'm not even sure the second command is necessary.

Anyway, the operant fact is that if any LaTeX compiler says you're
missing a file, you're probably missing a package of the same name
(minus the extension),  and if you're lucky enough to use TeXLive, you
can install it quickly with tlmgr.

One more thing about TeXLive. Once a year it needs a complete overhaul
to bring it up to the next year's code. I'll leave it to others on this
list to give the tlmgr commands to make that happen.

SteveT

Steve Litt
July 2019 featured book: Troubleshooting Techniques
      of the Successful Technologist

Thanks to Jürgen and Steve. Have noted down your proposals. The point was that the PATH settings had to be done for the 2019 texlive.

Wolfgang