On 19/7/19 8:32, Steve Hnizdur wrote:
Hi

Following on from my last post about Lyx not allowing certain characters with xy-pic in math mode, I am now trying to use this MWE code to produce a label with an embedded linefeed.

\xymatrix{A\ar[r]^*+\txt{X\\Y}&B}

It should produce a label with X on top of Y. It works in an ERT fine.

The problem is with Lyx math mode. I can get over the ^ character by entering

A\ar[r]\sp*+\txt{XY}

but Lyx will not allow the \\ between the X and Y and so the linefeed doesn't work.

Is there some Lyx magic I'm missing or do I just need to ERT.

Many thanks

Not sure this is the proper way but I managed to produce the double \ by pressing \ and space (see attachment).