Sent: Monday, August 05, 2019 at 4:57 PM
From: "Paul A. Rubin" <parubi...@gmail.com>
To: lyx-users@lists.lyx.org
Subject: Re: Setting
On 8/5/19 10:26 AM, Patrick Dupre wrote:
Hello,

Since Today, when I when to edit the latex preamble, I have to use
the "edit" option, which calls emacs.
I do not want that.
How can I go back to the "old" fashion, ie. editing directly the
Latex Preamble ?
Is it because I installed a new package?

Thank.

 Patrick DUPRÉ                                 | | email: pdu...@gmx.com
 Laboratoire interdisciplinaire Carnot de Bourgogne
 9 Avenue Alain Savary, BP 47870, 21078 DIJON Cedex FRANCE
 Tel: +33 (0)380395988

If you do not click the edit button (or do and then click end-edit), you can still use the "old" method (insert cursor in preamble and type/delete/copy/paste/...).

I'm not sure what the Edit button is for, but I suspect it's to do things like search-and-replace that the LyX interface does not directly support.

Paul