Quoting John White <j...@whitelawchartered.com>:

After reconfiguring, I would save one of the problem files to a usb stick and see
if lyx will open it from there.

John

On Tuesday, September 3, 2019 7:31:32 AM PDT Wolfgang Engelmann wrote:
I have saved a lyx document under a different name. I restarted lyx
but get a lyx disk: error: LyX could not create the temporary
directory '/tmp/lyx_tmpbuf1' (Disk is full maybe?)

Before there were in /tmp 3 tmpbuf (0, 1, 2). Now there is only this one:
lyx_tmpdir.JvcZAzSC4585

Whatever lyx file I try to load (file>recent>...  or file>open>...) I
get always this error.

What should I do to get lyx working again?

Wolfgang

Thanks, John, but there seems to be a bigger problem which I am facing. I can't open an usb stick, tells me, that it can't be invoked (kann nicht eingebunden werden in German). Trying to start Jabref it tells me 'read only file system', lyx disk: error as before: LyX could not create the temporary directory '/tmp/lyx_tmpbuf1' (Disk is full maybe?). df tells me there is enough storage on the disk. Firefox tells me if I want to send a mail: Unable to save your message as a draft. Sending of the message failed.
Fortunately webmail works.
I am on Linux Mint. I am afraid I have to try to get help from the Tuebingen Linux User Group.
Wolfgang