I’m attempting to compile conference proceedings using LyX 2.3.3.

I have successfully inserted one PDF-file into LyX (Insert/File/External
Material). Some questions:

1.       Do I have to insert the files one by one (some 40 files), or can I
insert all at the same time? [I guess I can experiment with this...]

2.       The pdf files are without headers/footers, and without page numbers.

a.       Is it possible to have the files show up at 100% size (they are A4)
within my A4 size LyX file, and overlay headers and footes defined in the LyX
file?

b.       Is it possible to overlay page numbers from LyX, i.e., using a global
counter in LyX (say, preface with roman page numbering i-iv, then papers with
arab page numbers, say Paper 1 p. 1-6, Paper 2 p. 7-11, etc.)?

Thanks for your suggestions!

-B