Le 13/12/2019 à 07:57, Dr Eberhard Lisse a écrit :
Thank you,

can a LyX Guru tell us whether a file exists with commands to execute
on startup? Or how to make this permanent?

Not permanent, but this will work:
  lyx -x "icon-size small"

A more long-term solution, since we have so-called "commands" that can contin a list og things to run, would be to say that some special commands like "on-startup" or "on-newfile" would be run autotomatically on these events if they exist.

Would that solve your issue?

However, the problem you are seeing shows that configuration of toolbars is a mess currently. Different settings are in different places for no real reason IMO.

Finally, I wonder whether we try to inherit the icon size from the OS...

JMarc