From: lyx-users <lyx-users-boun...@lists.lyx.org> On Behalf Of Paul A. Rubin
Sent: Saturday, January 11, 2020 16:57
To: lyx-users@lists.lyx.org
Subject: Re: MikTeX problem?

On 1/11/20 7:34 AM, Bernt Lie wrote:

I run LyX 3.3.3 on the latest version of Windows 10, 64bit.

Today when I tried to preview a LyX document, I got continuous questions about
allowing MikTeX to update.

If I start the MikTeX updater, I get this error message:

[cid:image001.jpg@01D5C952.18659770]

If I click “Yes” to see details, this is what I get:

[cid:image002.jpg@01D5C952.18659770]

Any ideas of what is wrong?

-B

  *   It appears that the CTAN mirror you have set up may not actually exist. I
tried doing a domain lookup (nslookup) for
"ftp.fernuni-hagen.de<ftp://ftp.fernuni-hagen.de>", and it failed (could not
resolve the host).

Either there is a typographical error in the URL for the mirror, or it is
simply wrong (and you need to replace it with a valid mirror).

Paul

“My” CTAN mirror has worked in the past. Must have gone out of “business”. I
changed to another CTAN mirror in the MikTeX update app, and now MikTeX is
being updated.
Thanks for suggestion!
-B