On 2020-02-26 23:34, Dr Eberhard Lisse wrote:
Daniel,

what is often helpful is to export the files to LaTeX and run that
manually perusing the log files.

The tracking feature clashes with a few other packages, for example if I
mark text with yellow background.

I personally find it overrated in any case and try to avoid it.  I use
RCS for everything bigger than a short letter and comparing differences
between versions in supported within LyX.

greetings, el

el,

Thanks el.

Unfortunately, LaTeX seems not to even come so far as to create log files.

Also, I have to show my changes to people who don't use LyX. So, I can't rely on internal comparison mechanism.

Best,
Daniel