On 3/17/20 6:45 PM, Fred Schenkelberg wrote:
Hi - is there a way or best practice to control the size of exported (pdf
cropped) equations such that they become a specific or at least consistent font
height from one pdf to another?

I’m trying to use LyX as an equation editor and embedding the PDFs into
InDesign and other documents like PowerPoint or Adobe Captivate.

cheers, Fred
I'm not sure this is the best approach, but I would use the LaTeX standalone class. It's a bit finicky when it comes to math, and I find myself having to set the page width manually (despite it being set to automatically crop), but it does seem to work.

Attached are two LyX files, each with one set of equations, and the corresponding PDFs. To my eye, the font height looks identical. You'll also have to make sure that the program into which they are imported does not scale them (or scales them equally).

Paul