On 2020-04-29 21:47, Kornel Benko wrote:
Am Wed, 29 Apr 2020 20:56:29 +0200
schrieb racoon <xraco...@gmx.de>:

On 2020-04-29 20:43, Joel Kulesza wrote:
On Wed, Apr 29, 2020 at 12:33 PM Daniel <xraco...@gmx.de
<mailto:xraco...@gmx.de>> wrote:

     Hi,

     I am hunting down some encoding error possibly to do with my
     bibliography which is created via Zotero and Better BibTeX. If I remove
     the bibliography from my document it works fine. I am unable to
     create a
     minimal example because I don't know which entry is causing the
     problem.
     Is there a way to show the tracked changes I made by date so I can go
     through all the changes I made today in order to find the
     problematic entry?

Do you track the problematic file in version control (e.g., git)?  Is it
stored on an online service like Dropbox?  If not, I don't have a
suggestion, but either of those facilities should give some historical
perspective.

- Joel

Thanks!

Yes, it might be worth trying to check whether a previous version of the
bib file fixes the problem. Sometimes Better BibTeX introduces problem.

As for the documents. Unfortunately there are quite a view documents
involved. Would you recommend downloading the previous version, accept
all changes in the document, and do a diff?

I am actually also using git. But I too rarely create commits. So, that
would be searching for the needle in the haystack, I guess. I need to
get a better commit routine, like once a day.

/Daniel

Yes, it is possible, but you have to write a script.
The change is recorded as a number (seconds from JAN 1 1970)
On unix it is easy to determine the value , say 1 day old:
        $ date +%s --date=20200429
Here it gives 1588197600
Every number bigger than that in the lyx file markes the newer change.

        Kornel

Thanks everyone for their helpful comments. Finally, I was able to find a problem in the Better BibTeX. Some update must have caused the export settings to go off. It disabled the "Export unicode as plaint-latex commands" option. Pretty bad bug, I think. This together with my document not being set to utf8 caused a mess.

Daniel