On Sat, 16 May 2020, Paul A. Rubin wrote:

Re your question, I believe all you need to do is click File > Save As,
click the "Templates" button in the dialog to steer you to your templates
directory, and finish the save operation (giving it a suitable name).

Paul,

Ah, I missed that.

Re your comment, I don't reproduce that here. Keep in mind, though, that
the shortcut to start a new frame (at least on my setup) is alt+p enter,
not alt-p shift-enter. Works for me.

Hmm-m-m. I remembered your suggestion a few years ago for the shortcut as
alt-p shift-enter. That's worked for all frames except the ones holding only
an image.

Next time I'll try alt-p enter.

Thanks,

Rich