On Wed, 17 Jun 2020, Giovanni wrote:

glad to know it worked. I've found it a while ago as a stackexchange
question (here:
https://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/14336/latex-beamer-presentation-package-169-aspect-ratio
), but it seems is in the beamer user guide too:
http://tug.ctan.org/macros/latex/contrib/beamer/doc/beameruserguide.pdf in
paragraph 8.3

In LyX i think there is lyx/beamer guide, not the complete beamer manual.

Giovanni,

That explains it.

I'm moving my business marketing/prospecting to use video tutorials on a
YouTube business channel so I need to upload them as 1920x1080 or 1280x720
resolution files.

The beamer output is now in 16:9 aspect ratio, and the softwar I use to
display the PDF for the recorded video tutorials ('impressive') is scaled to
open in a 860x540 dpi window, half the final resolution. I use ffmpeg to
scale it up and it all works fine.

Thanks for adding to my LyX/LaTeX/Beamer knowledge,

Best regards,

Rich