Hallo
  I have one PC with english keyboard (US international with dead keys) and
another one with spanish keyboard (Castilian Spanish with dead keys) both
with fedora 32 (since a couple of days) and lyx 2.3.5.2. In both PC have
the same problem: the accents work perfectly (e.g. รก is " 'a ") when in a
terminal, opening nedit, ooffice, etc. but in lyx not only it doesn't work,
the dead key is really dead: if I type ' in lyx it doesn't type anything
but, there is at least one exception, when saving a file, I can type a name
with accents (?)

  A couple of days ago, I updated the PCs which both were with fedora 29
and lyx 2.3.3 and  worked correctly. I tried downgrading lyx to 2.3.4 to no
avail. I wanted to install the lyx 2.3.3 of fedora 29 but couldn't. I
tried, according to the customization manual, to add the following line to
the file .lyx/lyxrc.default
  accent-circumflex  "S-^"
  to no avail. I created the file .lyx/lyxrc with the same line and with
the same result. I looked at some .kmap files in /usr/share/lyx/kbd,
specifically at the francais.kmap, espanol.kmap and the european.kmap and
all of them have the acents defined. Then I went to Tools -> Editing ->
Keyboard/Mouse and included them in turn with no change at all. I looked at
/usr/share/lyx/bind and was completely lost; I didn't understand a thing.
Searching with google I found some references but also didn't understand
them. In the mailing list it is mentioned (in 2019) that there is a
workaround related with Qt: to include in .xsessionrc the line
  export QT_IM_MODULE=xim
  I created the file with that line but didn't work

  As now I'm writing in french, which needs all the dead keys combinations,
I exclude the use of latex writing style.

  As conclusion: am I doing anything wrong? The other possibilities I see
are: either I'm a lucky guy and I found a bug in lyx or the fedora 32
implementation went askew. Any suggestions?

  Jorge Hernando