Am 17.08.20 um 18:00 schrieb Richard Kimberly Heck:
On 8/17/20 5:05 AM, Wolfgang Engelmann wrote:

Am 16.08.20 um 16:04 schrieb Richard Kimberly Heck:
On 8/16/20 8:28 AM, Wolfgang Engelmann wrote:
what is the function of .lyx/cache? I did not find infos in the help
file. Seems to contain figures such as pdf, eps, png and they are all
coded with 10 digit numbers.

It saves the conversions of images for loading into LyX itself. If you
delete the directory, they will be re-generated as required.

Riki

Thanks, Riki.
Suppose I change some of the images with smaller ones, would the large
ones still remain in the cache?

I think so, but I am not sure.

I guess the images of all the used lyx files are in this cache, are they?

Anything that gets converted is cached here. I am not sure if that
includes math previews.

Riki

Thanks, Riki,
so I think if I empty the cache it will be newly created by the current lyx document.
Wolfgang