On 2020-11-03 18:23, Wolfgang Engelmann wrote:
Am 03.11.20 um 16:08 schrieb Daniel:
On 2020-11-02 08:52, Wolfgang Engelmann wrote:
I remember that in earlier LyX versions the shortcuts were indicated somewhere and I was thus reminded how to use them. How do I get this back? There is the LyX shortcut help file, I know. But it would help to have them faster visible.
Thanks, Wolfgang

Dear Wolfgang,

I am not sure to which "somewhere" you refer. In LyX, I see the shortcuts indicated on menu entries that have shortcuts and all shortcuts are listed under Preferences > Editing > Shortcuts.

Best, Daniel

Thanks, Daniel
under shortcuts I have
bindfile cua
show key bindings and everything else is empty.
The same, if I open various help files.

Could somebody send me an example, if he/she has shortcuts listed in it?
Wolfgang

Attached is my cua.bind file. You can normally find it in your Library directory (path to which can be found under Help > About LyX). If it is not there, then I expect something is wrong with your installation. If it is there, maybe it is overridden by another cua.bind file in your User directory (path in About LyX)?

Daniel

Thanks, Daniel and Paul. I wasn't brave enough to click on the > 's
which shows a huge number of shortcuts. So my lyx seems to be ok.
My question is, whether there is a selection of some of the most useful shortcuts, and whether (and how) they are displayed in my lyx document.
Wolfgang

Is Help > Shortcuts doing what you are after?

Daniel