On Mon, Nov 30, 2020 at 11:28:01AM -0500, Cris Fuhrman wrote:
> > > I'm able to do copy/paste with other applications such as xfe (file
> > > explorer) and gedit (text editor), so I know my XServer can work properly
> > > (at least sometimes).
> >
> > It would be interesting to try different apps than xfe or gedit, some which
> > use Qt framework as does LyX.
>
> Any suggestions? I'm happy to try them, but I don't use X11 applications
> much apart from LyX these days.

https://wiki.manjaro.org/index.php/List_of_Qt_Applications
Pick your favourite :)

> When you add up all the Googling, the 'sudo apt install ...' commands you
> have to type, etc., I'm not sure those are overall less than the headaches of
> configuring the python path, etc., in Windows.

Well, per your report not now and that's what I meant by 'longterm' solution.
It might take couple more years to have X11 apps running in windows on a single
repository click but I see it coming.

> As you say, with a Wiki it could be less painful. I know I didn't have to
> touch the texlive install so far.

Be our guest and fill up your finding/tips on wiki.lyx.org :)

Pavel