On 12/9/20 10:10 AM, Rudi Gaelzer wrote:

On terça-feira, 8 de dezembro de 2020 20:22:04 -03 you wrote:

> At the moment, the * thing works with paired delimiters, but it only

> changes the first one, which is definitely a bug. It should obviously

> change both. I also don't know how hard that would be.

> Riki

Indeed. It works separately for "[" and for "]".

It also works separately for "[" and for ")", which is not a bad thing per se.

About my idea of browsing through the variable-sized delimiters, should I put it on the wishlist?

Sure. You can also play around with this yourself. There's a file, autocorrect, that you can find in your LyX system directory. (Here it is at /usr/share/lyx/autocorrect.) It's just a text file. The part that controls this behavior looks like:

( * \bigl( \bigl( * \Bigl( \Bigl( * \biggl( \biggl( * \Biggl( \Biggl( * ( ) * \bigl) \bigl) * \Bigl) \Bigl) * \biggl) \biggl) * \Biggl) \Biggl) * ) The first thing is what's there already; the next is the 'trigger'; the latter is the result. So you could do e.g.

and similarly for the right side, and now slash cycles through delimiter types. You'd also have to do

\bigl( / \bigl[

etc for the sizes.

I think that if you copy the system autocorrect file to your local LyX user directory (so, here, I'd put it at $HOME/.lyx/autocorrect), then LyX will pick use your modified version. (This is generally true with configuration files.)

I was just looking throguh that file. There's all kinds of cool stuff in there!

Riki