Hi!

I have encountered the same problems with different versions of LyX in SuSE
and Mandrake and specially when dealing with (the monster-ugly) KLyX in
Caldera. But I realized that the text that I thought had vanished, actually
was there in the raw text files (thank god for that!).
For me this has made it impossible for me to work with the same files on
different boxes (home<->work) if they don't run the same version of LyX.

Cheers,

ei

On Thursday 03 May 2001 13:03, Erkko Airo wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have encountered a not-so-nice feature in LyX version 1.1.14fix3 on
> Debian Potato (i.e. stable). Files written on another system (SuSE 6.3)
> with LyX 1.1.5fix2 get corrupted:
>
> - protected spaces disappear, no space at all shows up.
> - sometimes things written after a vanishing protected space are
> also lost, and if this includes environment change or anything but
> standard text, weird things may happen
> - if such a corrupted file is saved and re-opened, more corruption may
> appear.
> - even if I replace the spaces again, save and re-open, they are gone
> again, taking some more following texts with them...
>
> The problem does not appear on documents originally created and processed
> only on the same computer/LyX.
>
> Any clue on why this happens, and any solution other than upgrading LyX?
>
> I know upgrade would help as I have already compiled 1.1.6 but not yet
> done 'make install'. I've tried to keep this Debian-machine as Potato as
> possible -- that's why I'd like not to upgrade until later versions are
> included in Potato.
>
> Erkko Airo
> --
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> "Erkon puheita on mukava kuunnella vaikkei niistä aina
> mitään tolkkua saakaan." P. Monto, Talouselämä 6/99

- --
@~~~ EagleIce ~~~~ [EMAIL PROTECTED] ~~~~ Running SuSE Linux 7.1 ~~~@
@~ Webmaster <http://erin.se> ~~~ <http://www.inspired-leadership.com> ~@