On 2/14/21 11:58 AM, Doug Martin wrote:

I also found that it is helpful to always create right away the separator to end the Frame, which is not in the main Dropdown menu for Standard, etc., as I had seen in a tutorial, but in the Insert drop down menu.

By the way, do you happen to know how to get true horizontally centered equations in Beamer slides. When I center them in the LYX file,
they end up shifted somewhat left.

In the Insert menu, you should find "Separated Frame Below", the default binding for which is Alt+P Return. That will both insert a separator and start a new frame in one gulp.

I don't know what you mean about centering equations. I just hit Ctrl+Shift+M to get a math inset in display mode, then change the type of equation if necessary. The equations are centered on the slide, at least to my satisfaction. Perhaps you should post a minimal working example with an off-center equation to the user list.

Paul