On Sat, Mar 27, 2021 at 9:31 AM Rich Shepard <rshep...@appl-ecosys.com>
wrote:

> On Sat, 27 Mar 2021, Doug Martin wrote:
>
> > I'm guessing that you don't use that dialog and somehow when you insert a
> > citation using the Jabref external link, you choose directly from JabRef?
> > An example of how you do the initial insert would be helpful.
>
> Doug,
>
> I've never used that dialog; wasn't aware of its existance. I've been using
> JabRef for many years. It used to have a LyX icon on the icon bar along
> the top
> which would insert the selected document in the lyx document where the
> cursor is located. Now I use Ctrl-L which invokes Tool -> Push entries to
> external applications (LyX/Kile).

I'm using a fairly recent version of JabRef (5.2 Dec. 2020), which doesn't
have
such an icon.  But what you are doing sounds interesting and I will check
it out.

Thanks again,
Doug

> As a touch-typist I prefer to use the keyboard as much as possible (and CLI
> over GUI) so I am unfamiliar with many menu items offered by applications.
>
> HTH,
>
> Rich
>
> --

R. Douglas Martin
Professor Emeritus in Applied Mathematics and Statistics
Founder and Former Director of MS-CFRM Program
depts.washington.edu/compfin/
University of Washington