Richard Kimberly Heck said on Wed, 28 Apr 2021 10:33:28 -0400

>On 4/28/21 2:52 AM, Steve Litt wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I'm making a layout file, based on Document Class "Book (Standard
>> Class with Extra Font Sizes)". After investigation on my Void Linux
>> computer with TeXLive, I found that
>> /usr/share/texmf-dist/tex/latex/extsizes/extbook.cls
>> provides class "extbook" and has code for sizes 8,9,10,12,14,17 and
>> 20. Indeed, it works when I make a document with it as the document
>> class.
>>
>> But when I derive a class called mm_create from it, using the
>> following lines at the top of the layout file:
>>
>> #% Do not delete the line below; configure depends on this
>> #  \DeclareLaTeXClass[extbook]{mm_create}
>>
>> and then use mm_create.layout as my local layout, the base size on my
>> document->settings->fonts only lists default, 10, 11 and 12.
>>
>> I repeatedly used texhash, configure.py and restarted LyX, all to no
>> avail. I even tried manually using Tools->reconfigure, same symptom.
>>
>> What do I need to do so I can get the sizes afforded by extbook.cls?
>>

>Have a look at extbook.layout.

Thanks much Riki!

For anyone following in my footsteps, the solution to the lack of
extended fonts for a layout derived from extbook is to add the
following line as the first non-comment line of your layout file:

Input extbook.layout

Then close LyX, run texhash again, then run configure.py again, then
open the LyX file set to your home grown layout, and you'll now see all
the font sizes in Default Family of Document Settings/fonts.

SteveT

Steve Litt