Am 07.07.21 um 15:08 schrieb Cuyahoga Falls:

On 7/7/2021 7:13 AM, Wolfgang Engelmann wrote:

Herbert, I used in LyX
Use non-TeX fonts (via XeTeX/LuaTeX)
under Document>fonts

Wolfgang

I'm no expert (especially with Debian), but it sounds to me as if the fonts you're trying to use have not been unstalled in your Debian system (as opposed to being installed in TeXLive).

When you tell LyX to use "non-Tex fonts" through XeTeX/LuaTeX, you're telling LyX to use the fonts available to your OS apart from TeX. These would be the fonts available to all of your other programs, such as LibreOffice (if you have it). These fonts are different from those installed by TeXLive. The TeXLive fonts are generally available to TeX/LaTeX/LyX systems when compiling using PDFLaTeX (as opposed to XeTeX). The TeXLive fonts are generally not available to non-TeX programs as they are installed somewhere within the TeXLive file structure separate and apart from OS system fonts.

that depends on your system setting. I can use _all_ fonts from TeXLive
in _any_ application

Herbert