On 7/23/21 4:14 PM, Rudi Gaelzer wrote:

Is there a way to instruct Lyx to write certain auxiliary files into the local directory, instead of in /tmp/lyx_tmpdirxxx?

Is it LyX or LaTeX (pdflatex?) that writes the auxiliary files? I suspect the latter, in which case I'm pretty sure the answer to your question is no. You could create a custom export format and tell LyX to invoke a shell script (written by you) that would run whatever LaTeX commands were needed and then copy the selected files to the local directory (which I believe you can convince LyX to pass as an argument to the script). That's complicated enough that you might be better off just writing a script that copies the target files to the local directory and run it manually after compiling documents.