On 2021-07-25 08:46, Herbert Voss wrote:

Am 25.07.21 um 07:22 schrieb Daniel:
On 2021-07-25 07:09, Steve Litt wrote:
Hi all,

On my book, I used the date environment to write "A
Troubleshooters.Com(R) book, except I used \textregistered. I wanted
the (R) superscripted, and couldn't find ways that didn't involve math.
So I finally put the following in ERT (TeX)

$^{\footnotesize\textregistered}$

This gave me a "Missing glyphs!" error.

foo\textsuperscript\textregistered

Herbert

Yes, you can solve the error by using textsuperscript. However, entering math mode seems superfluous then. And outside of math mode, you can just use the LyX functionality to achieve the same result as suggested below.

Without using math, couldn't you insert a superscript (Insert > Formatting > Superscript) and then \textregistered in ERT (Insert > TeX Code)?

Daniel