Am Dienstag, 12. Oktober 2021, 11:15:04 CEST schrieb typ...@mac.com:
> Thanks Alex, I did that. Exported to LaTeX (plain) but I cannot find the
> file!? (The system details were included: just-in-case.) LyX101
> > On 12 Oct 2021, at 7:50 pm, Axel Dessecker <a.dessec...@krimz.de> wrote:
> >
> > LyX101,
> >
> > Am Dienstag, 12. Oktober 2021, 08:41:01 CEST schrieb typ...@mac.com:
> > > I am looking for a step-by-step guide that shows how to convert my LyX
> > > document to LaTeX.
> > >
> > > That is: a Journal, having approved my PDF, now wants a LaTeX version of
> > > it.
> > >
> > > I use: macOS Big Sur, version 11.6. LyX version 2.3.6.2 (7 January 2021)
> > >
> > > Thank you,
> > >
> > > LyX101
> >
> > Why don't you just export your document via File -> Export? My machine
> > shows me five options to export to LaTeX but I don't think this depends
> > on the operating system you are using.
> >
> > Axel

Please don't top-post to keep the thread.

As the tutorial tells you: "Select File->Export->LaTeX. This will create a file
whatever.tex from
the whatever.lyx file you are editing.”

The file will be created in the directory where whatever.lyx resides.
(Unfortunately this is
not made explicit in the English version of the tutorial I have installed but
it is in translations
such as the German one.)

Axel