Rich,

you can have whatever BST file is found by LaTeX, or rather whatever BST
file LyX finds when Tools --> Reconfigure...  is run.

I for one like one called plaindin.bst which for German texts comes with
the din1505 package (via the tlmgr manager) and have hacked me an
English version which resides below texmf-local to survive updates :-)-O

Click on the BibTeX Generated Bibliograpy which you get from

        Insert -> List/TOC -> Bib(la)tex Bibliography...

and then type into the Style field whatever style BST file you have and
like.

BTW, you probably should upgrade (anyway) from 2.6.3.1 (!)  to 2.3.6.2
:-)-O

greetings, el