On Tue, 14 Dec 2021, Herbert Voss via lyx-users wrote:

You have a wrong option in the document->settings->bibliography:
Delete the mergedate=compact. However, using the natbib mode
is something from the last millenium ... you should simply use
the authoryear style of biblatex.

Herbert,

Thanks. I don't know where the mergedate=compact came from.
I changed the style from biblatex(natbib mode) to biblatex.

It still does not output the bibliography nor place that entry in the ToC.

If you open the controll window in LyX then you see the errors
of the biber run, too!

What is the control window?

Btw:
- your format was defined as pdf (pdftex), but it should be  pdf (luatex)

In Settings -> Formats I have the output format set to PDF (pdflatex). I've
no idea what luatex does)

- do not use the line
   \usepackage{luainputenc},  it is superflous

There is no such line in the preamble:
\date{}
\usepackage{mathpazo}
\usepackage{gensymb}
\usepackage{graphicx,relsize}
\usepackage{scrlayer-scrpage}
\pagestyle{scrheadings}
\usepackage{xurl}
\refoot{Applied Ecosystem Services, LLC}
\lofoot{Applied Ecosystem Services, LLC}
\automark*{section}

- do not use \usepackage[T1]{fontenc}, it is only for pdflatex and _not_ xelatex/lualatex

Ditto above. I have never used xeletax nor luatex.

Regards,

Rich